National League

Latest updates

  1. Forward Charman agrees new deal with Poolspublished at 17:36 BST

    Luke CharmanImage source, Getty Images
    Image caption,

    Luke Charman scored three goals in 26 games in 2025-26

    Hartlepool United have agreed a new one-year deal with forward Luke Charman, with the club having the option of a further 12 months until the summer of 2028.

    Charman, 28, has scored seven goals in 66 games for Pools since joining from Fylde in 2024.

    He is the first player tied to a new deal under Hartlepool's new head coach Lee Clark.

  2. Knowles to leave Forest Green after contract 'error'published at 15:31 BST

    Midfielder Tom Knowles will leave Forest Green Rovers this summer after a "legacy error" in his contract meant the club did not have an option to extend his deal.

    Knowles scored 10 goals in 45 National League games this season, having joined the club from Walsall in 2024.

    "We believed an option had been triggered on Tom's contract following the conclusion of the season," a club statement said.

    "However, due to a legacy administrative error, this extension was not an option, meaning Tom will leave the club.

    "Unfortunately, Tom has decided to look at other opportunities and has played his last game in the FGR colours."

  3. Ashmore among six released by Boreham Woodpublished at 17:12 BST 21 May

    Nathan Ashmore in action for Boreham Wood wearing a purple short-sleeved goalkeeping shirtImage source, Getty Images
    Image caption,

    Nathan Ashmore started his career in Portsmouth's youth team

    Long-serving goalkeeper Nathan Ashmore is among six players to be released by Boreham Wood following their play-off final defeat by Rochdale at Wembley earlier this month.

    The 36-year-old made more than 250 appearances for The Wood but featured in only 12 National League games this season, spending two loan spells with Bedford Town in the National League North.

    Also leaving Boreham Wood are full-back Cameron Coxe, defender Joe Newton and midfielders Erico Sousa, Jack Payne and Charles Clayden.

    Experienced defender Femi Ilesanmi, who has made more than 350 appearances for Boreham Wood is in talks to extend his stay at Meadow Park.

  4. Southend appoint Duckett as head of recruitmentpublished at 18:04 BST 20 May

    Southend head coach Kevin Maher in a black t-shirt gives a thumbs up to supportersImage source, Getty Images
    Image caption,

    Southend sacked head coach Kevin Maher on Monday after nearly five years in charge

    Southend United have named Jonathan Duckett as their new head of recruitment just 24 hours after the National League club sacked head coach Kevin Maher.

    Duckett arrives at Roots Hall having spent two years in a similar role at the Blues' county rivals, Colchester United.

    He has also previously had roles in recruitment and technical scouting with Norwich City and the Football Association.

    Southend sacked Maher despite the club reaching the National League play-offs and winning the FA Trophy at Wembley on Sunday.

    "Jon has operated at a very high level across recruitment, scouting and player identification for many years, and his recent experience leading recruitment within League Two was particularly important to us," Southend's director of football Oliver Gage told the club website., external

  5. Watkiss and Oliveira leave managerless Harrierspublished at 11:53 BST 20 May

    Stuart Watkiss in the stands at AggboroughImage source, Kidderminster Harriers
    Image caption,

    Stuart Watkiss was in charge of Kidderminster Harriers the last time the club were in the EFL in 2004-05

    Kidderminster Harriers assistant manager Stuart Watkiss and first-team coach Mario Oliveira have both left the newly-promoted National League club.

    Watiss is a former Harriers boss and returned to Aggborough in October to join the coaching set-up of then boss Adam Murray.

    Former Nottingham Forest and Lincoln City coach Oliveira had been with Harriers since July last year.

    Their departures follow Murray's exit to become Barrow's new manager last week.

    Harriers, who are back in the National League next season after winning the play-off final, are yet to announce who will replace Murray on a permanent basis.

  6. Aldershot bring in Gillingham forward Wylliepublished at 18:22 BST 19 May

    Marcus Wyllie in green Gillingham change stripImage source, Getty Images
    Image caption,

    Marcus Wyllie got his move to Gillingham after a prolific spell at Enfield Town

    National League club Aldershot Town have signed forward Marcus Wyllie after his release from Gillingham.

    The 26-year-old scored once in 18 League Two appearances for the Gills and ended last season on loan at National League South club Ebbsfleet United.

    Shots manager Scott Davies said: "Marcus has had really good experience of being in the EFL with Gillingham over the past couple of seasons.

    "He certainly knows where the back of the net is and the style which he adopts off the ball is infectious."

  7. Boston goalkeeper Chadwick signs new contractpublished at 17:44 BST 19 May

    A young Louis Chadwick in a black Cambridge United tracksuit topImage source, Shutterstock
    Image caption,

    Louis Chadwick started his career with Cambridge United

    Boston United goalkeeper Louis Chadwick has signed a new one-year contract with the National League club.

    The 23-year-old joined the Pilgrims from King's Lynn Town in March, going on to make two appearances for Boston as they finished in 12th place in the National League table.

    Chadwick started his career with Cambridge United but failed to break into the first team.

    He spent time on loan at St Neots before joining the Linnets in 2025.

  8. Defender Clarke signs new Boreham Wood dealpublished at 17:29 BST 19 May

    The Boreham Wood club crest

    Boreham Wood defender James Clarke has signed a new contract which will keep him at the National League club until at least the end of the 2027-28 season with the option for a further 12 months.

    The 26-year-old right-back joined The Wood from league rivals Solihull Moors in March, making 11 appearances as they were beaten in the promotion final by Rochdale earlier this month.

    He scored a hat-trick in a 5-1 win over Wealdstone in April with Boreham Wood finishing the season in fourth place and beating Forest Green Rovers and Carlisle United in the play-offs to reach the final at Wembley.

    Clarke started his career with Mansfield Town before signing for Solihull in 2021.

  9. Aldershot sign Reading winger Tumapublished at 17:44 BST 18 May

    Malta's Basil Tuma, in red shirt, holds off Memphis Depay of the Netherlands, in all blueImage source, Getty Images
    Image caption,

    Basil Tuma made his debut for Malta in 2024

    Aldershot Town have signed Malta international Basil Tuma from Reading.

    The 21-year-old winger spent the second half of the 2025-26 season on loan at Slough Town, under the new Shots boss Scott Davies.

    "Basil was arguably the best attacking player we had at Slough last season," Davies told the Shots' official website.

    "I know for a fact that, when he's on it, he will be one of the best forward players in the division."

  10. Beautyman turns down deal and leaves Wokingpublished at 17:42 BST 18 May

    Woking captain Harry BeautymanImage source, Shutterstock
    Image caption,

    Harry Beautyman joined Woking in 2024 from Sutton United

    Woking captain Harry Beautyman will be leaving the National League club after turning down a new contract.

    The 34-year-old had been offered an extension to his deal but Woking said he had chosen to take a "new opportunity", external, which "offers him and his family long-term stability both geographically and professionally".

    Beautyman made 90 appearances for the Cards, scoring 25 goals.

    The midfielder has also played for Sutton United, Stevenage, Northampton Town and Peterborough United.

  11. Rochdale in talks with Henderson, 41, over new dealpublished at 17:34 BST 18 May

    Ian Henderson playing for Rochdale last season during a midweek game Image source, Getty Images
    Image caption,

    Ian Henderson scored eight goals in Rochdale's promotion campaign

    Rochdale are in talks with veteran forward Ian Henderson over whether the 41-year-old will remain with the club in League Two.

    Henderson has played nearly 500 games for Dale across two spells and made 31 league appearances this season as the club was promoted from the National League via the play-offs at Wembley.

    Tyler Smith, a goalscorer against Boreham Wood in the final, and defender Kyron Gordon, who played all 120 minutes that day are also in negotiations along with teenager Corey Edwards.

    Goalkeeper Oliver Whatmuff, who saved two penalties in the deciding shootout is returning to parent club Manchester City as are Callum Perry, John Kymani-Gordon and Archie Baptiste.

    Meanwhile, Tarryn Allarakhia, Aidan Barlow, Jake Burger, Manny Duku, Anthony Gomez-Mancini, Bryce Hosannah, Connor McBride, Tom Myles, Joe Pritchard and David Tutonda are all out of contract and leaving the club.

  12. Odusina and Syla sign new Woking dealspublished at 13:32 BST 16 May

    Timi Odusina and Roy Syla have signed new contracts to stay with National League club Woking.

    Defender Odusina, 26, has agreed a two-year extension until 2028 - he has played 82 times for the Cards since signing in 2023.

    Former Ayr United midfielder Syla, 25, joined Woking on trial in January and has made 11 appearances, with his new deal keeping him at the club until 2027.

    The duo follow Harry Beautyman in agreeing new terms with Jermain Defoe's side since the season finished.

  13. Aldershot sign Borgnis as Barrett moves onpublished at 18:40 BST 14 May

    Aldershot have signed midfielder Jacob Borgnis from Reading.

    The 21-year-old, from New Zealand, made 19 appearances in National League South on loan at Slough Town last season.

    Meanwhile, the Shots' attacking midfielder Josh Barrett is leaving the club, external for an undisclosed fee.

    The 27-year-old scored five goals in 31 league appearances for the Hampshire club last season, and scored the third goal in the club's FA Trophy final victory over Spennymoor Town at Wembley in 2025.